Thursday, December 27, 2012

Tiramisu Hero

Ever since I read about the birth of Tiramisu Hero by blogger Peggy, I have been wanting to try their creations! Bloggers who have tried her tiramisu have raved about how good they were, and I was especially attracted to their CamoHero because I thought it would be a cute gift for Glenn for his upcoming POP! Heh.

Fellow foodie, Kai Ting (who'd rather spend money on food than on any other things) and I made our way down to Grammah at Haji Lane, where Tiramisu Hero has a little space and stocks some of their Tiramisu there.




We got one Mommahero to share. 




The packaging looks really cute and the Sir Antonio label adds a personal touch. 



Caught a whiff of very strong coffee when we opened the lid. Kai Ting makes her own Tiramisu and I learnt that Tiramisu is a layered dessert that consist of sponge biscuits, a mixture of whipped cream, mascarpone cheese and zabaglione (egg + sugar + wine). Woah, some tedious steps there.

Kai Ting commented that she did not really like the texture of the Tiramisu and she felt that the sponge biscuits were not soft enough. I thought that the whipped cream mixture that blanketed the Tiramisu was tangy but sweet. The tantalizing hint of alcohol also leaves the combination of strong coffee, moist sponge biscuits and whipped cream dancing around your tongue.

This is my first time trying Tiramisu and I must say that I don't like how moist the cake is just like how I don't like my cereal soggy. It is a personal preference and I'm sure those who love your sweet treats, would love this dessert.

No comments:

Post a Comment