Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Birthday Picnic

I have been wanting to have a picnic since forever. This is how I envisioned my birthday picnic to be like: 


This was what Glenn did for me on my birthday:





The picnic basket is from Food For Thought, and it comes with cutleries and and a mat so you don't have to worry if you do not have one! You can rent it through the Food For Thought website, and there are quite a few items to choose from. You can pick sandwiches, sides, desserts, drinks or wine if you prefer. On average, if you were to get a full course, it would cost you about $40++.

Being such a cheapo frugal man, Glenn decided that we should bring our own food and he only ordered the Chicken Wings with Thai Lemongrass Chilli Sauce and Tomato Lemongrass Corn Salad with Lime Laksa Vinaigrette.


The crispy chicken wing tastes even better with the chilli sauce. Do eat them while they are hot.


Salad was yum yum. I finished it before I remembered to note down its taste. 




I wanted to get cupcakes from Plain Vanilla Bakery to suit the theme, but they were closed on that day (lucky thing I checked their Facebook page before making a trip down) so Twelve Cupcakes would have to do. Quite a good choice after all!


Reused the Royal Pudding glass bottle and filled it with shredded colored papers. Initially, I wanted to get baby's breath (my all time fav) to put in the glass bottle but I figured that paper flowers are more practical and durable. 


Glenn has been trying to perfect his shocked face every time I point the camera at him. Still need more practices, haha.



Got these lovely printable cake toppers from Elephant Shoe.




Here, Glenn demonstrates how to eat a cupcake, like a sir. Simply twist off the bottom half of the cupcake and stack it on top like a sandwich! No cream cheese on the nose! 



I recently created an account on Pinterest while I was searching for DIY crafts and free printables. Some of the craft blogs that I follow such as Beautiful RevelryCreme de la Craft and Eat Drink Chic provide me with inspirations every now and then. Made some paper flowers by following tutorials on Grosgrain and Joybobo. I used construction paper instead of crepe paper because I am too lazy to go out and buy materials (ultimate lazy bum here) and besides, construction paper works well too! If you want a softer and natural look to your flowers, then crepe paper would be a better choice.



Total Expenditure:
$12    Picnic Basket + Chicken Wings + Salad
$3+    Pink Grapefruit Flavoured Sparkling Fruit Juice x 2
$12    Cupcakes from Twelve Cupcakes x 4
$5      Strawberries
$2      Grapes
$2.60  Tuna
$2.90  Bread

Anyone can tell by looking at the food we brought that we are not much of a DIY person when it comes to a picnic. So, if anyone has suggestions, do leave us your comments! :)

P.S. Thank you for everything, Glenn! <3

1 comment:

  1. babyliss pro titanium - TITanium Art Studio
    Description · Materials · Materials & Materials titanium 3d printing · T.L.A. titanium jewelry for piercings (US). titanium bar stock Materials. T.L.A. polished titanium (USA) · Materials. T.L.A. (US). Materials. T.L.A. micro touch titanium trimmer (US).

    ReplyDelete