Sunday, January 12, 2014

Grub

Grub believes in using responsible ingredients and ensures that they only use the freshest and the most natural as possible. Their promise is that what they serve, they would serve it to their own families as well. You will never believe how far we walked just to get to Grub. I almost gave up but Dharshiney pushed us on and was determined to get us to that place to have dinner. Initially, I was worried that we would not be able to get a seat as they do not accept any reservations. However, I was glad we managed to reach there before the dinner crowd and got seated immediately.   


I ordered the Crispy Fish Burger ($14) while Dharshiney ordered the Pork Steak Burger ($13). I like how each table has a glass jar of artificial flowers (makes for great photo background and liven up the space) and how the food is being presented on a wooden board. I have a weakness for anything wood! 


Both of us agreed that the buns tasted sweet and are just as tasty as what was being put between them as well. I love fish and I always order fish if I see it on any menu. But, I will always have a hard time finishing the fish if it is not to my liking. So, I was really happy that the haddock that Grub used for this Crispy Fish Burger is fresh and seasoned well so much so that I finished the entire burger by myself! Of course I did gave some to Dharshiney to try, hehe. 

As for Dharshiney's Pork Steak Burger, it was a total hit. It is quite rare to find a decent pork burger here in Singapore. Most are either too dry, overcooked, and thoroughly unappetizing. Grub's take on it is the complete opposite. The pork steak packs a punch with its succulent tender goodness paired with sweet apple and chimichurri sauce. Dharshiney wiped the entire serving board clean. That's just how good it was. 

The fries tasted pretty normal though. I jokingly told Dharshiney that this is atas McDonald's. Haha.

Located in the middle of Bishan Park, it was no surprise that Grub attracts families and large group of friends. With long tables and benches, the sheltered alfresco area seems like a great space to gather all your friends for some good burgers amid the greenery. The servers were really attentive, or maybe because there wasn't too many people then. Nevertheless, it was a good service on their part.

Grub
510 Ang Mo Kio Ave 1, Singapore 569983 (Bishan Park)
Weekdays: 5.30pm to 10.30pm
Weekends: 9am to 2.30pm / 5.30pm to 10.30pm
Closed on Mondays
64595743

No comments:

Post a Comment